Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Live for Today

Sometimes life can be overwhelming. We have those days when the world seems to be crashing down on us and we don't know which way to go. We know that God is our provider and that He has been Faithful all our days, but we so often still "want to know". What is it we want to know? For me, I want to know all the unknown. I am a planner and a person who needs to know what is next. Over the past year the Lord has had me on this day to day plan. Hard? Yes! I still haven't got the idea that I am only to live for today. As I write this there are things going through my head about what I need to do this weekend and next Wednesday. When will I ever learn? Praise God for patience and mercy. I am sure other people struggle with this, am I the only one? I am not dismissing the idea that we need to be smart and plan ahead for certain things, but we do not need to be consumed with the thought of "what does tomorrow hold". We are not to know that. I am going to over the next several weeks do my best to live for the day. I want to soak up all God has for me in this moment and in this season. I am going to make myself "be still and know He is God." Psalm 46:10 To often I look back and say "man, i wish i hadn't missed that", so for the next couple of weeks I am going to rest in the moment and listen for the Lord. I will leave you all with this quote I came across and I am not sure who said it, but it wasn't me.
"Severe pressure plus time, turns coal into diamonds."
Lord give me a peace about living for the day and not worrying about tomorrow. I don't want to be anxious about anything, but in everything I present my requests before you and I think you for giving me a peace and guarding my heart and mind. In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment